Friday, March 25, 2011

::My first day at my new job...

I had a good day at work today for the most part. I love that I can work at least partly independently at a fast pace so my time goes by pretty quick. I worked almost 5 hours nonstop today and It felt like 3! I think this job will show me that I can be more social if I want to be and that talking to strangers doesn’t have to be nerve-racking. I can spark up conversations; all I have to do is try!! It'll also show me that I'm more competent than I give myself credit for. It'll force me to realize what I need when it comes to the environment of a workplace. I am introverted and I don’t like to be in large groups of people for too long. Im comfortable with at most 3 people at a time. I don’t like suck ups and obnoxious people (a few at my work).. they really do drain me of energy and they make me feel uncomfortable.. they also don't seem very personable when talking to people. When it comes down to doing their job they seem to slack off more and be social.. they're not very productive as a whole. I may be wrong.. but it just seems that way to me. We do all have our own strengths!!I also don’t like the staring, judgmental types. Just because Im not way outgoing and loud doesn’t mean I can't be good at my job and be friendly and helpful to people. Not everyone wants a loud person in their face! Next week is going to be slow too like today.. at least until Thursday. Friday is the 1st of next month and I'm not looking forward to it! It'll at least give me about 5 more days to get used to the store before the chaos arrives. I hope 5 days. When I get my first pay check I really hope its at least 270 after taxes. Eventually I reallly hope I can get a job nearby so that I can cut the cost for gas to get to and back from work like 95%!! It takes me at least 45 minutes to drive to work! Even if I do get less hours at a job closer by, I’ll still probably make about the same or maybe even more with the gas difference. Oh how I hope I can get a job closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment